Run downloaded *.exe file to extract the content (default path: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2024\enu\Pipes Catalog). Starting from “Version 2022.0” this content has been built up from scratch and during installation you can select the content packs you want to install (full, custom install).
Installation does not affect any registry settings, you are adding additional content pack(s) to the location you indicate. After installation, following catalogs/files appear (full installation):
- EN Plastic Pipes (Generic) – additional pipe catalog which includes EN/ISO based content
- EN Plastic Pipes (Pipelife) – additional pipe catalog which includes EN/ISO based content from the manufacturer Pipelife (based on several EU countries but duplicates has been avoided)
- EN support-files – additional files (incl license/readme information) that needs to be copied (see ReadMe_ENG.txt file)
- unins000.exe – uninstallation of the current content pack(s)
EN Plastic Pipes (all folders) installation requires to overwrite AeccPartParamCfg.xml file (default: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2024\enu\Pipes Catalog\Aecc Shared Content). Please make a backup before overwriting. Civil 3D should be closed before you overwrite this file!
Note: All files that are needed to copy manually (overwrite), are in the folder /EN support–files with additional ReadMe_ENG.txt.
Preliminary activities – catalog set up
Create a new DWG or open some current one. Ensure that you refer to a recently installed catalog.
Note: If “Full installation” has been selected, you can select in between multiple catalogs. Once selected you can create “Parts Lists” based on that specific catalog. You can created multiple “Parts Lists” that are based on different content packs but each one of them should be selected if one or the other will be used in the design.
Catalog in action
Catalog is meant for gravity pipeline design but it includes also pressure pipe types and cable conduits. You can find pipes in various pressure classes. In that way you can more easily to carry out clash detection analysis, because everything is in real dimensions. To add a new pipeline, use the tool: Home > Create Design > Pipe Network > Pipe Network Creation Tools.
Design with new catalog components doesn’t differ from the standard catalog components.
Note: Various pressure classes do have different pipe inner diameter as well as wall thickness. You can combine different components (from various pressure classes) if you do not find a proper components under some specific subgroup. If you do so, the visual result may not look correct. All components are created based on EN/ISO standards or manufacturer data sheet(s). All componets include additional information that can be used in labels. Please note that once Manufacturer specific content is selected, additional properties are filled in.
Pipe data (Generic, EN/ISO component):
Pipe data (Manufacturer specific component):
Note: Pay attention to various properties that are included and filled in if it is reported in the standard or in manufacturer data sheet. Manufacturer specific content is also standard-based, and it is referred by the parameter “Standard”. Properties are not merged. So, if Manufacturer states some information about its product but some information is missing or not reported, it is not taken over from the standard. Although, included property values are carefully checked, they are shared “as is” and the publisher takes no responsibilities for misuse of that information, including for any type of (re)production. If you think that some values are incorrect, please contact with the publisher and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.
If you want to use quantity takeoff tool, please ensure that all your componets have pay item included. Open: Analysis > QTO > QTO Manager.
Connect to your own pay item file: SomeName.csv. When connection are made, use the tool: Analysis > QTO > Takeoff. As a result you should have a summary of your pipe/structure components.
Note: Pay Item ID and Description comes from CSV file. You can change that information if you want to. If you change pay item ID value, you also need to recreate the connection from component to pay item article.
Available content in the catalog – EN Plastic Pipes (Generic)
Included content from the following standards:
- Conduit systems (for cable management) (EN 61386-24) – HDPE pipes (DN 25 – DN 250)
- Fibre organisers (optical fibre systems) (EN 50411-6-1) – LDPE / LLDPE / MDPE / HDPE / PP (DN 3 – DN 16)
- Non-pressure (drainage, sewerage) (EN 1401-1) – PVC-U (SDR 27.6 – SDR 51; DN 110 – DN 1000)
- Non-pressure (drainage, sewerage) (EN 1852-1) – PP (SDR 22 – SDR 41; DN 110 – DN 1600)
- Non-pressure (drainage, sewerage) (EN 12666-1) – PE (SDR 17 – SDR 33; DN 110 – DN 1600)
- Non-pressure (drainage, sewerage) (EN 13476-2) – PVC-U / PP / PE (Type A; DN 110 – DN 3000)
- Non-pressure (drainage, sewerage) (EN 13476-3) – PVC-U / PP / PE (Type B; DN 110 – DN 3000)
- Non-pressure (drainage, sewerage) (EN 14758-1) – PP-MD (SDR 33; DN 110 – DN 1000)
- Non-pressure (soil, waste – discharge) (EN 1451-1) – PP (SN 2 – SN 6.3; DN 32 – DN 315)
- Pressure (gas) (EN 1552-2) – PE (SDR 11 – SDR 17.6; DN 16 – DN 630)
- Pressure (water, drainage, sewerage) (EN 12201-2) – PE 40 / PE 80 / PE 100 (SDR 6 – SDR 41; DN 16 – DN 2500)
- Pressure (water, drainage, sewerage) (EN ISO 1452-2) – PVC-U (SDR 11 – SDR 41; DN 12 – DN 1000)
- Pressure (water, drainage, sewerage, irrigation) (EN 17176-2) – PVC-O (SDR 17 – SDR 65; DN 63 – DN 1200)
Note: Content is divided based on key standards.
Available content in the catalog – EN Plastic Pipes (Pipelife)
Included content as products based on given countries/noted standards:
- Austria (www.pipelife.at) – EN 12201-2, EN12666-1, EN 13476, EN 1401-1, EN 1852-1
- Denmark (www.pipelife.dk) – EN 12201-2, EN 13476
- Estonia (www.pipelife.ee) – DIN 4262-1, EN 12201-2, EN 13476 / NPG PS 116, EN 13476-2, EN 13476-3, EN 1401-1, EN 1451-1, EN 1555-2, EN 61386-24, SFS 5608
- Finland (www.pipelife.fi) – EN 12201-2, EN 13476, NPGS PS 116, EN 13476-3, EN 1451-1, EN 61386-24, EN ISO 1452-2
- France (www.pipelife.fr) – EN 12201-2, EN 1555-2, EN ISO 1452-2
- Germany (www.pipelife.de) – EN 1401-1 / EN 13476, EN 13476-3, EN 1852-1
- Sweden (www.pipelife.se) – EN 13476
Note: Duplicates are not included (tried to avoid, although some products are quite similar but as the product name differs, those are included). Estonian content (so called base country) has been selected first, then other countries have been added, including additional products and/or DN sizes, if those are missing from a base country. Product names can be seen once the Parts Lists are generated. Content is divided based on key standards and not based on Countries as otherwise there will be duplicates. You can add only those subcomponents that are delivered at your countries by manually deleting those after the generation of a particular parts list.
Are you as a manufacturer interested that some of your content will be added in the future update?
Let’s discuss, but please ensure that those products are openly available from the manufacturer website from where anybody can double-check the information and ensure its validity. To be able to ensure the minimum required information for additional content (pipes), please ask the Excel template that can be filled in by yourself.